- Maps are not the territory. They are an abstraction that help us to do something.
- Once you've made a map, you have to use it to
- From Peter Hall
- My interpretation from OOO - data becomes facts and facts become maps, but you can only collect a subset of data and facts require interpretation
- Bismarck conference - a map with blank space in Africa helped colonial powers carve up Africa
- Is mapping un-ecological? Sees things as resources. You cannot map everything so things will always be missed...A fundamentally flawed way of understanding the world.
- Blue marble photo - It's not a map - it's showing that the earth is fragile and something that can't be mapped (?)
- Situated wickedness - an oxymoron? Natalie Jeremijenko / Pond looks at situated knowledge
Last update: 2022-02-26 22:23